Shabas Solutions LLC (www.shabas.net) is a Fairfax, Virginia-based, small business federal contractor providing management consulting and a range of biomedical scientific/technical services to federal agency customers including Pharmaceutical Product development and R&D, FDA/cGMP Quality Assurance Consulting, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, and Program Leadership/Program Management support; and Quality Management Maturity (QMM) Consulting services to global pharmaceutical industry clients.
- Location: Virginia, Fairfax
- Creation date: 2023-01-14
To support our growth objectives both domestic and international, we are seeking a dynamic candidate to fulfill the position of Human Resources Manager at our Fairfax, Virginia office who will work closely with corporate executives and senior managers to oversee organizational operations and help implement multiple agency mission-critical initiatives our staff are engaged in. The Human Resources (HR) Manager is expected to interact with our partners in government, media, industry. and international organizations. The selected candidate will apply specialized knowledge of industry standards/practices to corporate programs and initiatives and deliver business results by promoting a culture of cohesiveness and accountability.
This position is a salaried exempt, mid-to-senior level individual contributor role reporting directly to the CEO.
This role is designed to support a variety of routine and specialized HR work, organizational projects and initiatives.
The content and statements documented in this job description are designed to describe the general nature and level of work as well as provide a basic understanding of the role, responsibilities, and expectations.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Drive the talent acquisition and on-boarding process for contracts and proposals, which includes recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborates with management to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Drive HR administration: Employee recruiting, salary negotiation, reference checks, on-boarding, and benefits administration; performance evaluations, employee outreach calls, resolve employee issues and maintain personnel files.
- Drive comprehensive talent management processes and development planning. Analyze organizational data to recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, engagement, and employee experience.
- Design programs in accordance with company-wide human resources policies, procedures and initiatives.
- Provide management and staff with an interpretation of HR policies.
- Advise and support management on setting up international operations including related HR matters and regulatory compliance.
- Drive training needs and identify training solutions to build capability. Facilitate the training of managers and individual contributors on HR programs and policies.
- Provide corporate support such as updating Employee Handbook, organizational policies, and marketing materials, organizational charts, ISO certification support, quarterly newsletter, Sharepoint document management, event planning, oversight of corporate vendors, etc; Provide other related support as may be necessary from time to time.
- Produce or proof-read reports, pre-publication journal articles, compose correspondence, create presentations, format corporate deliverables.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors, business partners, government contacts, and media groups.
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling team meetings, researching suppliers, making staff travel arrangements, conducting research, and collecting information, supporting journal publication/podcast activities, and any project team specific administrative support as requested.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of applicable international, federal, state and local human resources laws and regulations as necessary
- Drive assigned special projects to include but not limited to HR initiatives, programs, business and operational improvements and enhancements; social media engagements; and/or external projects with outside agencies, community, and business partners
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Human Resources, or a related field from an US accredited college
- Must have US Citizenship
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in Human Resources role such as recruiting,organizational development, employee relations, benefits administration, training, and talent development experience while supporting firm executives and project teams.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication skills in English language (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to connect with all levels of the organization including employee relations, coaching, communications and presentations
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities, decision making, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent computer skills; highly proficient in using MS Office 365 suite of tools including PowerPoint, Excel, MS Projects, SharePoint
- Human Resources support experience including recruiting and HR administration is required.
- Partner and collaborate with external staffing agencies, where needed, to fill job openings
- Be able to pass background checks and/or US government security clearance
- Be able to perform duties that are sometimes confidential and\or sensitive, and require the use of judgment, discretion, and tact
- Must be able to work well with international cultures and diverse team members
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal employment and labor laws and regulations.
- Ability to research and understand HR operations in a global environment
- Masters degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- Experience working with pharmaceutical manufacturers, federal contractors in public health space is highly desirable.
- Experience supporting a global organization and recruiting both domestically and internationally is highly desirable
- Familiarity with federal contracting environment is highly desirable
- Experience supporting small business is preferred
- At least two years supervisory/functional management experience
- Active SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR certification is preferred.
- Strong business and financial competence used to build business strategy and support organizational decisions.
- Due to the nature of the job, this is an onsite role (Fairfax, VA) but flexibility is available for telework.
- Must be able to work some weekends and extended hours based on as needed and required
- Travel to customer sites including but not limited to Greater DC Metro area may be necessary.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
Shabas Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.